Ever wondered what women like to do once they become mums? These 17 activities will give you an insight into the hilarious lives of mums—hilarious because if you don’t laugh, you’ll cry.
There are some universal experiences that bond us together as mums. Things you’ll only understand after you become a mum.
In our Mums At The Table Facebook group of more than 10,000 mums, a simple statement started a flurry of activity.
I’m a mum and my hobby includes making food that no-one eats
What started as a sarcastic post about fussy eating soon gained traction as other mums joined in. It gave a somewhat tongue-in-cheek insight into what it’s like to be a mum, while offering laughter and promoting camaraderie as members shared “war stories”.
Our favourite “mum hobbies” include:
- Not getting enough sleep.
- Using the toilet with an open door and audience.
- Eating cold meals.
- Putting the cap back on the toothpaste—five times for accuracy—then putting the lids on for the jam, Nutella and the pot on the stove. The joy I get from doing this on repeat gives me an absolute high.
- Starting something and never finishi
- Repeating myself until I’m blue in the face and completely crazy.
- I love being the only one who changed the toilet roll. It was my special job apparently, being the only one who could manage the difficult task.
- Sitting in the car in our driveway waiting for the kids to wake up from their nap.
- Cleaning the house for it to look like I really haven’t.
- Picking up toys nobody plays with.
- Feeding and managing the guinea pigs my kids begged to have.
- Reheating tea four to five times.
- Taking 50 trips to the outside wheelie bin each day as Mr One is obsessed with putting the tiniest crumb in the outside bin.
- Putting things away that get pulled out again as soon as I turn my back.
- Hiding and eating chocolate in places no-one checks.
- Replying “yes” to “mum” at least 400 times a day.
- Telling my kid to stop opening the fridge.
What’s your favourite hobby?
Read one of the hobbies above and thought It’s not just me? What’s your favourite “hobby” as a mum? Join the discussion in our Facebook group now!
How helpful was this article?
Click on a star to rate it!
0 / 5. 0
Be the first to rate this post!
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!