Prep & Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 4½ cups water
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 packet Nori sheets
- 1 large ripe avocado, cut in long strips
- Optional: 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Soy sauce, to taste
- Submerge brown rice in water and cook in a rice cooker or on the stove.
- When rice is cooked, mix in rice wine vinegar and coconut sugar. Set aside to cool.
- Place Nori sheet on a bamboo sushi rolling mat (or a flat surface) and spread the cooled rice evenly on top, leaving a space at the top edge.
- Add a strip of avocado to the middle of the sheet and roll it tightly. Using your finger, wet the top edge of the Nori sheet to securely seal the roll.
- Slice into 1–2-cm slices and, if using, add sesame seeds on top.
- Serve with soy sauce on the side.
How helpful was this article?
Click on a star to rate it!
0 / 5. 0
Be the first to rate this post!
Gia runs her own catering business and is a community health presenter. She is often whipping up healthy, plant-based meals in the kitchen with her two sous-chefs (and children), Olive and Moses.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!