Warm up your winter nights with Gia, Olive and Shona’s creamy spicy pumpkin soup recipe. Even if you’re not vegan or dairy free, try this pumpkin soup with coconut milk and coriander—we promise you won’t look back.
Make sure you don’t throw out the pumpkin skin as you can make even more delicious recipes with them!
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 1½ tbsp oil
- 6 spring onions or 1 medium onion
- 1 kg Kent pumpkin, cut into pieces
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds ground
- 1 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1 tsp coriander seeds ground
- 1 tsp turmeric ground
- 1 tsp chilli (flaked, powder or fresh)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Optional: 1 tbsp honey
- Add all ingredients to a large, heavy saucepan and cook for 20 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Puree with a stick blender, or in a blender or food processor (allow soup to cool a little if using a blender or food processor).
- Serve with chopped parsley, yoghurt, sour cream or cheese.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!