This vegan Alfredo sauce is super creamy and takes less than 30 minutes to make. You too can enjoy some dairy-free Alfredo as a perfect topping for your pasta.
Alfredo sauce is a rich and indulgent family favourite. But for many, the traditional ingredients leave you feeling bloated and heavy. Try this vegan Alfredo sauce recipe for a lighter option that won’t make you feel sick afterwards. This creamy plant-based Alfredo sauce is easy, healthy and makes the perfect topping for your pasta.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes + 1 Hour soaking time
Cooking Time: 18 Minutes
- ¾ cup natural unsalted cashews
- 2 potatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cup soy milk
- 2 tsp Italian mixed herbs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp pink or Celtic salt
- Soak cashews in a small bowl of water for 1 hour.
- Boil potatoes and onions in a pot of water until they are soft.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth, adding more water if necessary.
Gia runs her own catering business and is a community health presenter. She is often whipping up healthy, plant-based meals in the kitchen with her two sous-chefs (and children), Olive and Moses.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!
My child has started swearing
4 days ago 4 min read
2 weeks ago 2 min read