Loaded with corn, black beans and peas, this one-pan Mexican quinoa recipe makes the perfect weekday lunch.
This healthy Mexican quinoa is so simple and ready in a matter of minutes. It also happens to be clean, wholesome, dairy-free and vegan! Save the washing up with our delicious one pan Mexican quinoa bowl! 😍
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes (stovetop) | 7 minutes (pressure cooker)
- ¾ cup water
- 1 x 400g tinned black beans or red kidney beans
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups frozen peas or mixed vegetables
- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds ground
- 1 tsp paprika ground
- 1 tsp oregano leaves
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Celtic salt
- 1 x 400g jar salsa of choice
- Mix all ingredients in your choice of cooking implement.
- Stove: Bring to a boil, then simmer on low for 15 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed. Mix well and serve.
Pressure cooker: Secure lid, making sure the vent is closed. Cook on high pressure for 2 minutes. Turn off and allow pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes, then turn valve to quick release. Remove lid, stir contents and serve.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!