Delicious, creamy and dairy-free, this vegan risoni recipe only takes 10-15 minutes and is full of flavour.
If you’re wondering how to cook risoni or looking for some vegetarian risoni recipes you’ve come to the right place. This Greek-style risoni replaces chicken or lamb with healthy plant-based protein from chickpeas.
Gia’s risoni pasta also includes carrots, onion and European herbs to give it traditional Greek flavours. 🇬🇷
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1½ cups carrots, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cups risoni
- 1 x 400g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- In a pot, sauté onion and carrots in olive oil for 5 minutes on low to medium heat.
- Add salt, oregano, fresh thyme and stir, then add risoni. Stir and cook on low heat for five minutes.
- Add chickpeas and vegetable stock, stirring to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove pot from heat and let sit for 10 minutes before serving, with a wedge of lemon.
How helpful was this article?
Click on a star to rate it!
5 / 5. 2
Be the first to rate this post!
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!