This dairy-free mac and cheese is packed full of veggies—and one your kids won’t get enough of.
Try our easy vegan mac and cheese recipe for a healthier dinner option.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 500 g pasta of your choice
- 2 cups water
- 1 large potato, roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot, roughly chopped
- ½ onion, roughly chopped
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea or Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- Optional: 1 roasted red capsicum (from a jar)
- Cook pasta according to directions on packet.
- In the meantime, submerge potato, carrot and onion in water in a small pot and cook until soft.
- Blend vegetables, with 2 cups of water from the vegetables, and cashews, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and nutritional yeast (and red capsicum, if using) until smooth.
- Place cooked pasta in a bowl and cover with a good amount of sauce. You could also add steamed broccoli or other vegetables to the pasta and mix through with the sauce.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!