Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 500 g pasta of your choice
- 2 cups water
- 1 large potato, roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot, roughly chopped
- ½ onion, roughly chopped
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea or Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- Optional: 1 roasted red capsicum (from a jar)
- Cook pasta according to directions on packet.
- In the meantime, submerge potato, carrot and onion in water in a small pot and cook until soft.
- Blend vegetables, with 2 cups of water from the vegetables, and cashews, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and nutritional yeast (and red capsicum, if using) until smooth.
- Place cooked pasta in a bowl and cover with a good amount of sauce. You could also add steamed broccoli or other vegetables to the pasta and mix through with the sauce.
How helpful was this article?
Click on a star to rate it!
0 / 5. 0
Be the first to rate this post!
Gia runs her own catering business and is a community health presenter. She is often whipping up healthy, plant-based meals in the kitchen with her two sous-chefs (and children), Olive and Moses.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!