This vegan tuna sandwich recipe is perfect for a quick lunch.
Prep & Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1/3 cup cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1–2 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- ½ tsp kelp flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 tsp capers, chopped
- Mash chickpeas in a small bowl using a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix through.
- Spread the filling out on two slices of bread and add other sandwich toppings such as tomato, alfalfa, cucumber or lettuce.
Gia runs her own catering business and is a community health presenter. She is often whipping up healthy, plant-based meals in the kitchen with her two sous-chefs (and children), Olive and Moses.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!