Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1 x400g tinned black beans, drained
- 2 x375g enchilada sauce
- Optional: shredded cheese
- 10 soft tortillas
- Preheat oven to 180oC (fan-forced).
- Line an oven tray with baking paper. Mix sweet potatoes, 1 tbsp water, cumin, smoked paprika and salt in a large bowl and lay them out on the tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until tender and slightly caramelised.
- While sweet potato is baking, add kale to a large frypan with 2 tbsp water. Cover pot and steam for 5 minutes, making sure the kale remains vibrant in colour.
- Mix black beans, ¼ cup enchilada sauce, sweet potato and kale in the large bowl.
- Pour ¹/³ of the remaining enchilada sauce into the bottom of a glass 23 x 33-cm baking dish.
- Place a tortilla in the baking dish, making sure to coat both sides with sauce. Fill it with ¹/³ cup of sweet potato mix, roll it up and lay seam side down at the edge of the dish.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas, adding more sauce as necessary to moisten them.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas, ensuring all the rolls are covered. If using cheese, sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve with guacamole and sour cream, freshly chopped coriander and chopped jalapeños.
How helpful was this article?
Click on a star to rate it!
0 / 5. 0
Be the first to rate this post!
Gia runs her own catering business and is a community health presenter. She is often whipping up healthy, plant-based meals in the kitchen with her two sous-chefs (and children), Olive and Moses.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!