Looking for brown rice breakfast idea or tired of eating oats for breakfast every day? Learn how to cook tasty brown rice porridge with this recipe.
Brown rice is a fantastic source of fibre and this brown rice porridge recipe is vegan and free of artificial sweeteners.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes (if rice is pre-cooked)
Cooking Time: 20–30 Minutes (if cooking rice)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (or pre-cooked microwave rice)
- 1 cup almond, soy or oat milk
- 1 ripe banana, chopped
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Optional: ½ tsp ground cinnamon powder
- As topping: 1 cup seasonal fruit, chopped
- Blend all ingredients until smooth or to desired consistency. Add more milk if you want a thinner consistency.
- Top each bowl with seasonal fruit and serve.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!