Wholesome, hearty and warm. This one-pot lentil soup (Fakes) is a traditional Greek recipe, perfect for a cold winter’s night.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Freezing Time: 40 Minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, cubed
- 1 cup potatoes, cubed
- 1 400g tinned diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 cup dried brown lentils
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups water
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar per bowl
- In a pot, sauté onions in olive oil until almost translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Continue to simmer on low to medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are soft. Remove bay leaves and add red wine vinegar to each bowl just before serving.
Gia runs her own catering business and is a community health presenter. She is often whipping up healthy, plant-based meals in the kitchen with her two sous-chefs (and children), Olive and Moses.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!
My child has started swearing
6 days ago 4 min read
2 weeks ago 2 min read