- 1 tbsp table salt
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp washing soda
- 1 1/3 cup distilled water
- 2/3 cup Sal Suds
- 40 drops lemon or grapefruit essential oil (or in your favourite scent)
- In a small pot, heat water and salt, stirring frequently until everything dissolves. Pour in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat washing soda and distilled water in the pot, stirring until mixture dissolves.
- Mix in Sal Suds and essential oils.
- Stir in 1 tbsp of the salt water solution. The mixture will turn cloudy and thicken. Add another tbsp if you like it thicker (mixture will also thicken over time).
- Pour the mixture into a soap dispenser and use as you would any other dishwashing soap. If mixture is too thick, simply add water to achieve desired consistency.
Mandi was raised in the beautiful South Island of New Zealand and made the move to Australia to study in 2007, and haven't left! She works full-time as a primary school teacher and is a lover of Christ and all things natural.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!