Fat-free, oil-free microwave potato chips—a savoury treat without the extra kilojoules.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, washed and peeled (optional)
- ice water
- olive oil spray (optional)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- Cut potatoes into thin slices of around 2–3 mm thick and place immediately in ice water to remove the starch.
- Dry both sides of a potato slice on a kitchen towel or paper towel to make it easier to crisp.
- Line a plate with a piece of baking paper. Lay the potato slices, making sure they aren’t touching. Spray a little olive oil (if using), then sprinkle salt, garlic powder, onion powder and Italian herbs on each slice.
- Microwave on high for about 2½ minutes on one side and 2 minutes on the other, or until golden brown.
Gia runs her own catering business and is a community health presenter. She is often whipping up healthy, plant-based meals in the kitchen with her two sous-chefs (and children), Olive and Moses.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!