A simple pasta sauce recipe that’s perfect for babies. This healthy baby pasta sauce is great to have fresh or made in bulk and frozen.
This tasty pasta sauce is great for babies because it can be made salt- and sugar-free for those under 12 months old. It’s also vegan so you don’t have to worry about common allergic reactions. Even better, you can make this baby pasta sauce in bulk, freeze and use for future meals.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 onions chopped
- 5 garlic cloves
- 4 x 400g tinned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs
- 3 tbsp date puree or sweetener of choice (do not add when making for babies)
- 1 tsp salt (do not add when making for babies)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- In a pan, sauté onions until translucent.
- Blend all ingredients, including onions, in food processor until well combined.
- Transfer mixture into a pot and cook on medium–low heat for 15 minutes.
- Alternatively, freeze baby pasta sauce in muffin tins. Once frozen, transfer into a plastic storage bag and store in freezer. To cook, melt frozen sauce in pot on medium heat, then stir and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!