Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 onions chopped
- 5 garlic cloves
- 4 x 400g tinned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs
- 3 tbsp date puree or sweet-
ener of choice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- In a pan, sauté onions until translucent.
- Blend all ingredients, including onions, in food processor until well combined.
- Transfer mixture into a pot and cook on medium–low heat for 15 minutes.
- Alternatively, freeze mixture in muffin tins. Once frozen, transfer into a plastic storage bag and store in freezer. To cook, melt frozen sauce in pot on medium heat, then stir and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
How helpful was this article?
Click on a star to rate it!
5 / 5. 1
Be the first to rate this post!
Gia runs her own catering business and is a community health presenter. She is often whipping up healthy, plant-based meals in the kitchen with her two sous-chefs (and children), Olive and Moses.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!