Prep & Cook Time: 10 minutes + 30 minutes marinating time
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 300 g firm tofu, diced
½ tsp arrowroot powder
- Mix all ingredients (except tofu and arrowroot powder) in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- Add tofu and allow to marinate, covered, in the fridge for 30 minutes (leave in the fridge for longer for a stronger flavour).
- Strain tofu, but do not discard the marinade. Add arrowroot powder to the marinade and combine well. Set aside.
- Sauté tofu in a frypan until golden brown, then add marinade until mixture thickens.
- Serve in salads, sushi rolls, rice dishes or Vietnamese rolls.
How helpful was this article?
Click on a star to rate it!
0 / 5. 0
Be the first to rate this post!
Gia runs her own catering business and is a community health presenter. She is often whipping up healthy, plant-based meals in the kitchen with her two sous-chefs (and children), Olive and Moses.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!