Learning how to marinate tofu can help to bring your dishes to the next level—and it doesn’t have to be difficult. This marinated tofu recipe is simple but oh-so-tasty.
Prep & Cook Time: 10 minutes + 30 minutes marinating time
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 300 g firm tofu, diced
- ½ tsp arrowroot powder
- Mix all ingredients (except tofu and arrowroot powder) in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- Add tofu and allow to marinate, covered, in the fridge for 30 minutes (leave in the fridge for longer for a stronger flavour).
- Strain tofu, but do not discard the marinade. Add arrowroot powder to the marinade and combine well. Set aside.
- Sauté tofu in a frypan until golden brown, then add marinade until mixture thickens.
- Serve in salads, sushi rolls, rice dishes or Vietnamese rolls.
Gia runs her own catering business and is a community health presenter. She is often whipping up healthy, plant-based meals in the kitchen with her two sous-chefs (and children), Olive and Moses.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!
My child has started swearing
1 day ago 4 min read
1 week ago 2 min read