Forget BBQ meats with this broccoli and cauliflower steak recipe. A simple and wholesome vegetarian dish with a touch of pomegranate.
Prep & Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into 4 thick slices
- 1 head broccoli, cut into 4 thick slices
- Yoghurt and pomegranate, to serve
- Small handful coriander leaves, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, cumin seeds, ground coriander, garam masala, turmeric, yeast flakes, salt and pepper.
- Lay the cauliflower and broccoli slices on the prepared baking tray, and brush with the spice mixture, turning over to coat both sides. Bake for 20–30 minutes, until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Transfer the “steaks” to a plate, top with yoghurt and pomegranate, and garnish with the coriander leaves to serve.
Images and recipes from Supercharge your Life by Lee Holmes, Murdoch Books, RRP $35. Photography by Luisa Brimble.
Lee Holmes has an advanced certificate in food and nutrition and is a certified wholistic health coach, wholefoods chef and bestselling author of the Supercharged Food series.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!
My child has started swearing
3 days ago 4 min read
1 week ago 2 min read
Bindi Irwin’s miracle baby
3 weeks ago 5 min read