This vegan sloppy joes recipe is one of our favourite dinners to make.
Made with fresh, simple ingredients, these sloppy joes are sweetened naturally and ready in under 30 minutes. Top with coconut yoghurt for a full vegan recipe or use sour cream.
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped red capsicum
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1.5 cups brown lentils
- 3.5 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- Fry onion and red capsicum until onion is soft and tender.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Cook with lid on over medium slow heat. Turn every 10 minutes.
- Ready when lentils are soft and cooked.
- Combine with burger buns and serve with coconut yoghurt or sour cream.
Gia runs her own catering business and is a community health presenter. She is often whipping up healthy, plant-based meals in the kitchen with her two sous-chefs (and children), Olive and Moses.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!
My child has started swearing
6 days ago 4 min read
2 weeks ago 2 min read