Made with fresh, simple ingredients, these sloppy joes are sweetened naturally and ready in under 30 minutes. Top with coconut yoghurt for a full vegan recipe or use sour cream.
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped red capsicum
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1.5 cups brown lentils
- 3.5 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- Fry onion and red capsicum until onion is soft and tender.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Cook with lid on over medium slow heat. Turn every 10 minutes.
- Ready when lentils are soft and cooked.
- Combine with burger buns and serve with coconut yoghurt or sour cream.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!