Easily cook steel-cut oats in a slow cooker or pressure cooker. Prefer to do it the old-fashioned way? We have stovetop instructions on how to cook steel-cut oats too.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: Overnight (slow cooker) | 3 minutes (pressure cooker) | 20 Minutes (stovetop)
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1 cup water
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 bananas, peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients in your choice of cooking implement.
- Slow cooker: Set on low before going to bed. In the morning, stir through and if the ingredients are not quite cooked, turn on high until the consistency thickens.
Pressure cooker: Secure lid, making sure the vent is closed. Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. Turn off and release pressure. Remove lid, stir contents and serve.
Stove: Cover pot with lid and cook on low heat for 10 minutes. Remove lid and stir regularly for a further 10 minutes or until oats thicken, adding more water if necessary.
- Serve with mixed frozen berries and a little cinnamon.
How helpful was this article?
Click on a star to rate it!
0 / 5. 0
Be the first to rate this post!
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!