Cooking healthy can sometimes be a struggle. But this vegan eggless quiche is quick and simple for mums and dads to make, and a great way to get the kids involved in the kitchen too!
Prep & Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
Here’s another thing to make using this crust recipe!
- 1 kg firm tofu
- 250 g frozen chopped spinach
- 1 zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tsp Himalayan salt
- ½ cup shallots, finely sliced
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (fan-forced).
- Process crust ingredients in a food processor (with the plastic blade) until mixture sticks together when pressed between fingers.
- Add crust to a round pastry dish. Using your hands, work the crust around the dish until it moulds to the side of the dish.
- Process filling ingredients in a food processor (with the metal blade) until mixture has a creamy texture. (If your food processor is too small, process all the ingredients except the tofu. Use a fork to mash the tofu and mix it into the processed mixture.)
- Pour mixture into crust and, using a spatula, spread the mixture equally around.
- Bake in oven for one hour.
How helpful was this article?
Click on a star to rate it!
0 / 5. 0
Be the first to rate this post!
Gia runs her own catering business and is a community health presenter. She is often whipping up healthy, plant-based meals in the kitchen with her two sous-chefs (and children), Olive and Moses.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!