Our healthy rice paper rolls recipe is packed with the goodness of avocado, cucumber, carrot, coriander and more.
Are you vegan and wondering what to put in rice paper rolls? Look no further than these vegetarian rice paper rolls. We roll them up with tender marinated tofu and dip them in our peanut dipping sauce for rice paper rolls.
Prep & Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 litre hot water
- 6 sheets Vietnamese rice paper
- 1 large carrot, cut into sticks
- 1 small cucumber, cut into sticks
- 1 avocado, cut into slices
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 packet bean sprouts
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 bunch shallots
- 300 g tofu, cut into strips (or try our marinated tofu recipe)
- Pour hot water into a large bowl.
- Working one sheet at a time, carefully submerge rice paper in hot water for about 5–10 seconds or until it starts to soften. (You don’t have to submerge the entire rice paper at once. Simply rotate and submerge each section for a few seconds.)
- In the middle of the softened rice paper, place a small bed (lengthways) of carrot, cucumber, avocado, coriander, bean sprouts, mint and shallots. Lay the tofu on the edge of the ingredients.
- Fold the bottom part of the sheet halfway up, followed by the left and right edges into the centre and then roll up to enclose ingredients.
- Serve with our easy satay sauce.
Gia runs her own catering business and is a community health presenter. She is often whipping up healthy, plant-based meals in the kitchen with her two sous-chefs (and children), Olive and Moses.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!
My child has started swearing
1 day ago 4 min read
1 week ago 2 min read