Prep & Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Makes: 16 biscuits
- 1¾ cups gluten-free plain flour
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- ¼ cup coconut, shredded, dried
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp sugar-free pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp dextrose powder
- 125 g butter
- ¾ cup rice malt syrup
- 1½ tbsp boiling hot water
- ½ tsp gluten-free bicarb soda
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place flour, quinoa flakes, coconut, cinnamon, vanilla and dextrose powders into a large mixing bowl. Combine ingredients well and set aside.
- Place the butter and rice malt syrup into a small saucepan on a low heat until butter has melted.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, place boiling water and bicarb soda, and mix until dissolved. Once dissolved, put bicarb mixture in the saucepan with the rice malt syrup.
- When rice malt mixture begins to bubble, add to flour mixture and combine well.
- Place tablespoon-sized scoops on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Cook for approximately 15–20 minutes until golden brown. Cool and serve.
Read Casey’s article: 8 hacks for when your child has food intolerances
Edited extract from Mum, Can I Eat This?, by Casey Ellis (2018).
How helpful was this article?
Click on a star to rate it!
0 / 5. 0
Be the first to rate this post!
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!