Wondering how to make traditional Anzac biscuits gluten free? You’ll love this gluten-free Anzac biscuits recipe, perfect for anybody with food intolerances.
Prep & Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Makes: 16 biscuits
- 1¾ cups gluten-free plain flour
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- ¼ cup coconut, shredded, dried
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp sugar-free pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp dextrose powder
- 125 g butter
- ¾ cup rice malt syrup
- 1½ tbsp boiling hot water
- ½ tsp gluten-free bicarb soda
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place flour, quinoa flakes, coconut, cinnamon, vanilla and dextrose powders into a large mixing bowl. Combine ingredients well and set aside.
- Place the butter and rice malt syrup into a small saucepan on a low heat until butter has melted.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, place boiling water and bicarb soda, and mix until dissolved. Once dissolved, put bicarb mixture in the saucepan with the rice malt syrup.
- When rice malt mixture begins to bubble, add to flour mixture and combine well.
- Place tablespoon-sized scoops on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Cook for approximately 15–20 minutes until golden brown. Cool and serve.
Edited extract from Mum, Can I Eat This?, by Casey Ellis (2018).
Melbourne mum Casey Ellis spent years watching her child endure pain and suffering before receiving diagnosis for her severe food intolerance. After hours of research and trial and error she managed to create fun, tasty foods her daughter actually wanted.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!
My child has started swearing
1 day ago 4 min read
1 week ago 2 min read