This is a super easy chai latte recipe, but there’s a twist. We’ve made it dairy-free, caffeine-free, naturally sweetened and added almond butter to give it a subtle nutty taste. This is a great chai latte recipe to have on hand and certainly healthier than what you can get at your local cafe.
Preparation Time: 2 Minutes
Cooking Time: 6 Minutes
- 1½ cups water
- 1½ cups non-dairy milk
- 3–4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 rooibos chai tea bag
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- Add water, milk and dates to a small pot and place on stove on medium–high heat.
- Open tea bag and pour in contents. Once water is boiling, transfer to blender.
- Add almond butter and blend until smooth.
- To serve, pour into mugs through a sieve.
Try our easy vegan masala chai recipe
Gia runs her own catering business and is a community health presenter. She is often whipping up healthy, plant-based meals in the kitchen with her two sous-chefs (and children), Olive and Moses.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!