How to make an authentic tasting vegan chai latte and tea at home.
It’s the perfect weather for a warm masala chai 😍
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- 6 green cardamom pods
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 4 whole cloves
- 2½ cups water
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 3 Rooibos tea bags
- 2 cups dairy-free milk
- 1 tbsp honey (or to taste)
- Add cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, peppercorns and cloves to a bowl or mortar and use pestle to lightly crush the spices into small pieces.
- Add crushed spices, water, grated or sliced ginger to a medium pot and bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 min or until reduced.
- Add tea bags and dairy-free milk. Lower heat to low. Cover and continue to simmer for 5 minutes. Turn heat off and let sit for 5 minutes with lid on or longer for stronger flavour.
- Add honey and stir through. Strain through fine mesh strainer before serving.
More winter-warming recipes.
Gia runs her own catering business and is a community health presenter. She is often whipping up healthy, plant-based meals in the kitchen with her two sous-chefs (and children), Olive and Moses.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!