You won’t believe this chickpea tuna salad actually has no fish in it.
Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 0 Minutes
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 to 3 tsp kelp granules
- 2 x 400g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or 3 cups cooked chickpeas)
- 3 celery ribs, sliced or chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- Blend all dressing ingredients in a blender until smooth. Set aside for 15 minutes to allow cashews to soften.
- Pulse chickpeas in a food processor until they are broken but still flaky, being careful not to overblend. Transfer to a large bowl and add celery and onion.
- Stir the dressing into the salad.
How helpful was this article?
Click on a star to rate it!
0 / 5. 0
Be the first to rate this post!
Gia runs her own catering business and is a community health presenter. She is often whipping up healthy, plant-based meals in the kitchen with her two sous-chefs (and children), Olive and Moses.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!
My child has started swearing
2 days ago 4 min read
1 week ago 2 min read
Bindi Irwin’s miracle baby
3 weeks ago 5 min read