This recipe by blogger Sophie Guidolin is vegan, low-carb and low-kilojoule. Even better, it has a load of hidden veggies so the entire family can enjoy guilt-free.
Prep & Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 small zucchini, chopped coarsely
- 100 g broccoli, chopped coarsely
- 50 g baby spinach
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 400 g packet fettuccine-style slim pasta (organic konjac*),
- Optional: parmesan flakes, spices or fresh chilli to serve
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic, paprika, zucchini and broccoli, stirring for 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Add the spinach; cook, stirring until wilted. Stir in the lemon juice. Blend or process vegetable mixture until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the pasta following packet directions.
- Toss the sauce and pasta together in a bowl. Serve with parmesan, if you like. For adults, try adding spices or fresh chilli.
*Slim pasta is made from a vegetable called konjac, which is low in kilojoules and carbohydrates.
Extract from My Kids Eat Volume 2 by Sophie Guidolin (rrp $44.95; paperback).
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!