This recipe by blogger Sophie Guidolin is vegan, low-carb and low-kilojoule. Even better, it has a load of hidden veggies so the entire family can enjoy guilt-free.
Prep & Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 small zucchini, chopped coarsely
- 100 g broccoli, chopped coarsely
- 50 g baby spinach
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 400 g packet fettuccine-style slim pasta (organic konjac*),
- Optional: parmesan flakes, spices or fresh chilli to serve
Sophie Guidolin: The most important habit parents should cultivate with their children
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic, paprika, zucchini and broccoli, stirring for 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Add the spinach; cook, stirring until wilted. Stir in the lemon juice. Blend or process vegetable mixture until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the pasta following packet directions.
- Toss the sauce and pasta together in a bowl. Serve with parmesan, if you like. For adults, try adding spices or fresh chilli.
*Slim pasta is made from a vegetable called konjac, which is low in kilojoules and carbohydrates.
Extract from My Kids Eat Volume 2 by Sophie Guidolin (rrp $44.95; paperback).
Sophie Guidolin is a blogger, nutritionist, personal trainer, world-renowned fitness model, mum of four and more recently, author of recipe book, My Kids Eat Volume 2.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!
My child has started swearing
6 days ago 4 min read
2 weeks ago 2 min read