Lentil bolognese: All the protein without the meat. Maintain a healthy diet with this quick and easy vegetarian pasta recipe.
Perfect for meat-free Mondays . . . or whenever you feel like a vegetarian meal. At only 20 minutes to cook this lentil bolognese is a sure and trouble-free way to keep your family full.
Prep & Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 500 g cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1 x 400 g can diced tomatoes
- 1 x 400 g can lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 x 190 g jar sun-dried
- Optional: 2 pinches of dried chilli flakes (or to taste)
- Add olive oil, onion, celery, garlic, thyme and oregano into pot and sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook on low–medium heat for 20 min, stirring once or twice. Once the cherry tomatoes are soft and some are breaking up, your bolognese is ready.
- Serve on your favourite pasta.
Gia runs her own catering business and is a community health presenter. She is often whipping up healthy, plant-based meals in the kitchen with her two sous-chefs (and children), Olive and Moses.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!