- ½ cup magnesium flakes (or Epsom salts)*
- 3 tbsp boiling water
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp beeswax or soy wax
- 3 tbsp shea butter
- Dissolve magnesium flakes in boiling water, creating a thick liquid. Set aside to cool.
- Double-boil coconut oil, wax and shea butter until melted. Allow to cool to room temperature and mixture looks slightly opaque.
- Using a hand blender, blend on medium speed.
- Slowly (a drop at a time) add the dissolved magnesium mixture, while continuing to blend.
- Place in fridge for 15 minutes, then blend to get the consistency of body butter.
- Store in fridge for best consistency (and to use as a cooling lotion) or at room temperature for up to two months.
* Magnesium flakes aid better in muscle relaxation and recovery than Epsom salts.
Mandi was raised in the beautiful South Island of New Zealand and made the move to Australia to study in 2007, and haven't left! She works full-time as a primary school teacher and is a lover of Christ and all things natural.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!