Use your bread maker to cook this flavoursome olive and rosemary bread.
Prep & Cook Time: 2 Hours 10 minutes
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp dry yeast
- 1¾ cups lukewarm water
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 cups white spelt flour
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- ½ cup oats
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g Kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 tbsp chopped rosemary
- Whisk sugar and yeast in lukewarm water, then let it stand for a few minutes until mixture foams.
- In the meantime, mix salt, seeds, flours and oats in a bread maker tin.
- When the yeast mixture has foamed, add to the bread maker tin with oil and mix well.
- Place bread maker tin in bread maker, close the lid and start the machine.
- When kneading has finished and the bread maker is on the rise setting, lift the machine lid and add olives and rosemary. Using a spatula, combine the olives and rosemary in the dough. Make sure the olives are evenly spread, folding the dough over the olives. You can also add some olives and rosemary on top and spray with a touch of oil.
- Close the lid and allow bread maker to finish baking the bread.
- Allow loaf to rest on a wire cooling rack before serving.
Gia runs her own catering business and is a community health presenter. She is often whipping up healthy, plant-based meals in the kitchen with her two sous-chefs (and children), Olive and Moses.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!