Learn how to make pasta chips using an air fryer with none other than YouTube chef sensation Nick DiGiovanni.
If you like pasta, you’ll love these. It’s such an easy snack to prepare and you can pair it with your favourite sauce for dipping. Try marinara, alfredo or pesto.
Who’s Nick DiGiovanni?
Nick is known for his creativity in the kitchen and has a huge following with over 20 million subscribers across YouTube and TikTok. His mentor is none other than Gordon Ramsay who has written a foreword for his very first cookbook.
In January, he did the most literal book launch by sending his cookbook, Knife Drop, and a slice of pizza into space. Nick has also won the Guinness World Records for the largest sushi roll, chicken nugget and cake pop.
During his last year at Harvard studying environmental science, he applied for MasterChef and became the show’s youngest finalist.
Pasta chips recipe
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 16–24 Minutes
Makes: 3 cups
- 2 cups (150g) dry farfalle pasta
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅔ cup (67g) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- dipping sauce of choice (optional), to serve
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the farfalle and cook for 8 to 12 minutes or until al dente. While the pasta cooks, preheat the air fryer to 200°C.
- Drain the water and transfer the pasta to a medium bowl. Add the olive oil, Parmesan, salt, and a few generous grinds of pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the mixture to the air fryer basket and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, occasionally shaking the basket to ensure the pieces of pasta don’t stick to one another, and that they achieve an even browning.
- Remove the pasta chips from the basket and allow to cool slightly. Serve with your favourite dipping sauce, if desired.
Tip: If you don’t use farfalle, choose another pasta shape that will hold a dipping sauce well. Rigatoni is a fun pick.
Other recipes you may be interested in:
Images and text from Knife Drop by Nick DiGiovanni.
How helpful was this article?
Click on a star to rate it!
5 / 5. 3
Be the first to rate this post!
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!