Bring a little bit of Thailand into your home with this naturally-sweetened sweet chilli sauce.
Learn how to make homemade sweet chilli sauce and never buy high-calorie, high-sugar sweet chilli sauce from the supermarket again! Know exactly what you are feeding your family and feel good with this healthy sweet chilli sauce recipe!
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- ½ cup dates, pitted
- ¾ cup hot water
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 red chilli, with seeds
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- ¼ cup cold water
- Place dates and hot water in the blender and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, chilli, lemon juice and salt, and blend until smooth.
- Pour the sauce into a pot and bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a cup, mix arrowroot and cold water. Turn stove off and stir in arrowroot mixture. It should thicken very quickly.
- Allow sauce to cool before storing in an air-tight jar in the refrigerator.
Source: The Revive Café Cookbook
Gia runs her own catering business and is a community health presenter. She is often whipping up healthy, plant-based meals in the kitchen with her two sous-chefs (and children), Olive and Moses.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!