Made famous by Masterchef, sweet potato tacos are actually really simple to make. This taco recipe is vegetarian friendly and is perfectly balanced to meet all your nutritional needs. Give your tacos a vitamin A and C kick with some sweet potatoes.
Prep & Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp cumin seed, ground
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 packet tortillas
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- Mexican salsa
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Optional: Jalapeños, sliced
- Preheat oven to 180oC (fan-forced).
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes into 3-cm pieces. Add to a large bowl with salt, cumin, garlic and a touch of water. Mix well.
- Place sweet potato on a lined baking tray and bake in oven for 20 minutes or until it begins to brown.
- Heat tortillas following instructions on the packet.
- Top each tortilla with sweet potato mixture, black beans, Mexican salsa, a slice of avocado and, if using, jalapeños.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!