People are amused when we say we take our air fryer on holiday with us. We then point out that we use it for the easiest recipes to save ourselves money. When they ask “What is your top travel recipe?”, we always answer with a jacket potato bar, or what you might call baked potatoes.
If you have not heard of a jacket potato bar before, it’s simply a potato buffet. You bake potatoes in the air fryer, then serve them with a mix of leftovers, as well as traditional toppings.
Then have some little pots filled with grated cheese, coleslaw, salsa, butter and, of course, baked beans.
You can make more air fryer potatoes if feeding more people, or scale it down to feed just two.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- Salt and black pepper
- A small bowl each of grated cheddar cheese, coleslaw, salsa, baked beans
- Various leftovers (optional)
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- Scrub the potatoes and prick them with a fork so that they can breathe.
- Place them on a clean chopping board and spray on all sides with olive oil, then sprinkle all over with salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket and air fry at 180ºC for 45 minutes, or until tender and crispy.
- Once cooked, place the potatoes on a serving board and serve with the cheese, coleslaw, salsa, beans, any leftovers you need to use up—and let’s not forget about the butter.
Note: If your potatoes are large, they will need 50–60 minutes to cook.
Other recipes you may be interested in:
Images and text from The Complete Air Fryer Cookbook by Sam and Dom Milner, photography by Ellis Parrinder. White Lion Publishing RRP $29.99.
How helpful was this article?
Click on a star to rate it!
0 / 5. 0
Be the first to rate this post!
Samantha & Dominic Milner
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!