After quick and easy healthy dinners? Look no further than this vegan Mexican sweet potato recipe. Packed with flavour and ready in 30mins.
- 4 gold sweet potatoes
- 1 can black beans
- 1 tbsp Mexican seasoning
- 100 g vegan feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado, smashed
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp pitted olives, chopped
- Prick sweet potatoes with fork all over. Place on plate in microwave. Cook on high, turning occasionally, for 10 mins or until soft. Cool for 5 mins.
- Cut a slit lengthways on top of each sweet potato and squeeze to open. Remove flesh leaving a 2-cm shell. Place flesh aside.
- Combine sweet potato flesh in bowl with black beans, Mexican seasoning and 2 tbs warm water.
- Arrange sweet potato shells on a baking tray. Fill with bean mixture and top with vegan-style feta or cheese. Cook under hot grill for a few minutes until golden on top. Top with rest of ingredients.
Gia runs her own catering business and is a community health presenter. She is often whipping up healthy, plant-based meals in the kitchen with her two sous-chefs (and children), Olive and Moses.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!