Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 500g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1½ tbsp oil
- 1 tsp panch phoran
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint or coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric ground
- 1½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1–2 tbsp lemon juice
- Optional: ½ tsp chilli (flaked, powder or fresh)
- Par boil potatoes in a saucepan of salted water. Set aside.
- In a heavy fry pan, add oil and panch phoran. When the mustard seeds begin to pop, add the onion and fry, stirring until soft.
- Add chopped herbs, turmeric, salt and chilli, if using.
- Add potatoes, stirring well, sprinkling pan with hot water and shaking pan occasionally to prevent potatoes from sticking. Cook until potatoes are warm through.
- Sprinkle with garam masala and lemon juice.
How helpful was this article?
Click on a star to rate it!
0 / 5. 0
Be the first to rate this post!
Gia runs her own catering business and is a community health presenter. She is often whipping up healthy, plant-based meals in the kitchen with her two sous-chefs (and children), Olive and Moses.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!