This is a healthy potato curry recipe that is not only easy but kid-friendly too. Simply ditch the chilli to make an Indian potato curry that the entire family can enjoy.
Enjoy this dry potato curry that’s easy to make and ready in under an hour.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 500g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1½ tbsp oil
- 1 tsp panch phoran
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint or coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric ground
- 1½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1–2 tbsp lemon juice
- Optional: ½ tsp chilli (flaked, powder or fresh)
- Par boil potatoes in a saucepan of salted water. Set aside.
- In a heavy fry pan, add oil and panch phoran. When the mustard seeds begin to pop, add the onion and fry, stirring until soft.
- Add chopped herbs, turmeric, salt and chilli, if using.
- Add potatoes, stirring well, sprinkling pan with hot water and shaking pan occasionally to prevent potatoes from sticking. Cook until potatoes are warm through.
- Sprinkle with garam masala and lemon juice.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!