Learn how to make a vegetarian version of this satay noodles dish. A dash of Thai red curry paste gives this satay noodles a distinctive flavour, while the tofu offers essential protein. Add your favourite vegetables for a nutritional punch.
Prep & Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 250 g dehydrated Asian noodles of choice
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup Thai red curry paste (or to taste)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Optional: 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 300 g firm tofu, sliced into thin rectangles
- ½ head broccoli, finely sliced
- ½ red capsicum, sliced lengthways
- ½ carrot, sliced into sticks
- 1–2 tbsp soy sauce
- Sesame seeds
- Crushed peanuts
- Prepare noodles according to instructions on the packet. Set aside.
- Mix satay sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick frypan on the stove then add tofu. Fry on both sides until brown. Set aside.
- Add vegetables to fry pan with soy sauce and stir fry for
2 minutes (or if you prefer, serve them raw).
- Place noodles in a bowl, add 2–3 tofu steaks, vegetables, satay sauce and toppings.
- Mix through and enjoy.
How helpful was this article?
Click on a star to rate it!
0 / 5. 0
Be the first to rate this post!
Gia runs her own catering business and is a community health presenter. She is often whipping up healthy, plant-based meals in the kitchen with her two sous-chefs (and children), Olive and Moses.
Receive personalised articles from experts and wellness inspiration weekly!
My child has started swearing
6 days ago 4 min read
2 weeks ago 2 min read